Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) interim featherweight champion Max Holloway was penciled in for a UFC 208 pay-per-view (PPV) title fight against reigning division kingpin Jose Aldo, after “Blessed” turned away Anthony Pettis earlier this month in Toronto.
But the Hawaiian suffered an ankle injury during his “Showtime” fight and was sidelined for roughly four-to-six weeks. That gave him little-to-no time to prepare for “Junior” and as a result, was forced to pass.
Aldo quickly called bullshit on the injury, but now Holloway has the photographic evidence to corroborate his account.
With the Holloway vs. Aldo title unification bout on hold for the time being, the promotion is likely to name the featherweight showdown between Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie the five-round championship headliner for UFC 208.
More on that new division here.
Holloway is expected to return in March, so it could be a few months before the featherweight sprockets -- already on hold for a year because of this guy — start spinning again.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage