Bellator 165: "Chandler vs. Henderson" at SAP Center in San Jose, Calif., took place back on Nov. 19, 2016. The headline fight of that card was Bellator lightweight champion "Iron" Michael Chandler being challenged by former WEC and UFC lightweight champion "Smooth" Benson Henderson.
Medical suspensions from the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) for "Chandler vs. Henderson" are in and a successful title defense for Chandler (recap here) comes at a cost of a 180-day medical suspension, unless cleared by a doctor first, although the same goes for Henderson, as well.
Eight other fighters were given an extended sit-down following their Bellator bouts: Sheila Padilla (180 days for a fractured nose), Nick Pica (180 days for a right wrist fracture), Dominic Sumner (180 days for a right fourth metacarpal fracture), J.J. Okanovich (180 days for a fractured nose), Luis Vargas (180 days for a hyper extended right elbow, 60 days for a cut lip), Justin Baesman (60 days for a left eyelid laceration), Beau Hamilton (60 days for a scalp laceration) and Cesar Gonzalez (60 days for his left eye and scalp lacerations).
Seven other fighters received mandatory 45-day suspensions, the most notable of which was "Baby Slice" Kevin Ferguson Jr., who must be cleared by a doctor after being taken to the hospital by ambulance after his loss.
Here are the others:
* Brandon Girtz: 45 day medical suspension for hard bout, 30 days no contact
* Carrington Banks: 45 day medical suspension for hard bout, 30 days no contact
* Justin Roswell: 45 day mandatory suspension for TKO, 30 days no contact
* Danasabe Mohammed: 45 day medical suspension for hard bout, 40 days no contact
* Steve Ramirez: 45 day mandatory rest due to KO, 30 days no contact
* Victor Jones: 45 day mandatory suspension for TKO, 30 days no contact; fighter had to be transported by ambulance to hospital due to nausea and severe dehydration, concern for cardiac vs. vasovagal.
Everyone else on the card received a seven day mandatory rest, although one could argue Michael Page and Fernando Gonzalez already had theirs.
To check out the latest Bellator MMA-related news and notes be sure to hit up our comprehensive news archive right here.