For those of you mixed martial arts (MMA) fans who thought the return of Jon Jones was a foregone conclusion, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) wants you to curb your enthusiasm.
The promotion released a statement on Tuesday (Sept. 29, 2015) to address the future of its former light heavyweight champion, who was sentenced to supervised probation for his starring role in last April's hit-and-run in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The UFC organization is aware that Jon Jones reached a plea agreement with authorities in Albuquerque, New Mexico this morning stemming from charges associated with a motor vehicle accident earlier this year. As a result, UFC, through Las Vegas-based law firm Campbell & Williams, will thoroughly review the agreement before discussing Jones' possible reinstatement to return to competition.
More information will be made available following completion of this review.
For more on today's court hearing click here.
While Jones heads home to contemplate his future (read his statement here), the 205-pound title will be defended by Daniel Cormier at the UFC 192 pay-per-view (PPV) event this Saturday night (Oct. 3) in Houston, Texas, in a five-round headliner opposite Alexander Gustafsson.
For more on UFC 192 click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage