Francisco Trinaldo gave himself an early birthday present earlier tonight (Sun., Aug. 23, 2015) at UFC Fight Night 74, scoring a huge upset victory by finishing Chad Laprise in the first round by technical knockout.
"Massaranduba" -- who will turn 37 on Monday -- landed a well-placed left hand that dropped the previoulsy undefeated Laprise and finished him up on the ground soon after inside SaskTel Centre in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
The fight opened with both fighters exchanging in the pocket and was very competitive. Then, with about three minutes remaining, Trinaldo connected with a left hand that dropped Laprise.
From there it was only a matter of time until the 36-year-old Brazilian sealed the deal. Trinaldo took the back of the Canadian, got both hooks in, flattened him out, and wailed away with big punches until referee Herb Dean called it off at the 2:43 mark of the opening round.
It's a huge win for Trinaldo, who has now won four-straight in the UFC and improves to 18-4 overall. Laprise tastes defeat for the first time in his career and is now 10-1.
For complete UFC Fight Night 74: "Holloway vs. Oliveira" results, including play-by-play updates click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage