For the second straight year, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Women's Bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey, was nominated for two ESPY awards, receiving nods for both "Best Female Athlete" and "Best Fighter."
At last year's award show, "Rowdy" walked away with the "Best Female Athlete" trophy, though she and former UFC Light Heavyweight champion, Jon Jones, came up short in the "Best Fighter" category to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
This time around, though, proved to be the year for "Rowdy," as the judoka dethroned Mayweather, topping the pound-for-pound best boxer in the world in the "Best Fighter" category, an honor "Money" had won three years in a row.
She was not humble in victory, either, taking a shot at Mayweather's checkered past with women, including a conviction and prison sentence for domestic violence back in 2012.
"I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once. I'd like to see him pretend to not know who I am now."
ZING! Check out the video below:
Rousey's other comments stem from Mayweather claiming he didn't know who she was after catching wind that the women's bantamweight champion declared she could beat him in a fight.
With the win, Rousey becomes
The ESPY Awards air live tonight (July 15, 2015) on ESPN.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage