It's sweet revenge for Invicta FC's newest bantamweight champion Tonya Evinger after she dispatched Irene Aldana via technical knockout in the fourth round of their title fight last night (Thurs., July 9, 2015) in Las Vegas, Nevada. Evinger, 15-6, revealed she was "pissed off" and motivated by an Instagram photo from Dana White a month ago calling Aldana "the future."
"Everybody they put in front of me I feel like they want to beat me. I get happiness out of beating people and disappointing people. I definitely knew they were probably going to get signed (by the UFC) no matter what, whether I beat them or not. So it doesn't really matter, but I definitely wanted to do some damage. That pissed me off a little."
Pissed off may be a bit of an understatement. Evinger revealed she's one of the few people uninterested in competing in the Octagon at all, suggesting the organization has not treated her with the respect deserved of a fighter now on a seven-fight win streak.
"I think people have different dreams and everybody thinks the UFC is the highest thing you can go or do or whatever. But, I felt disrespected a lot by the promotion in general and the chances I wasn't given that everybody around me was given. So it ain't that I would never go, it's just I'm definitely not interested right now."
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage