Looking to right his ship and stop the bleeding of a two-fight losing streak, Stefan Struve will return to action when he meets Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 190 on Aug. 1, 2015 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (details).
And the towering Dutchman plans to do it as quickly as possible, as he recently told Sherdog that he expects to finish the former PRIDE and Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight champion in the very first round.
"He's an amazing fighter, but I really want to show that I'm back and that I left a couple of rough years behind me. I want to show that I'm the better fighter wherever the fight goes. I want to take care of business and make it as fast as possible. I want to knock him out in the first. If not, the first or second round."
After a few rocky years, which included the unfortunate passing of his father last December -- to go with his heart ailment -- Struve returned to the Octagon after a near two-year hiatus to face Alistair Overeem at UFC on FOX 13.
Unfortunately, the bout didn't go his way, as "Skyscraper" was on the receiving end of "The Reem's" heavy hands, which resulted in a first-round knockout loss.
But with his mind finally in the right place, Struve says he is more than prepared to face the task at hand. As for "Big Nog," he's also riding a two-fight losing streak, which includes a brutal knockout loss to Roy Nelson last year (video replay).
Can Struve give Nogueira a case of deja vu in Brazil?