The "Fight of the Century" is now history, as Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao threw down in a relatively banal fight that ultimately underwhelmed due to the massive anticipation for their lineal Welterweight title fight on pay-per-view (PPV) at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sat., May 2, 2015, but there sure was a lot to intake at the historic event.
So let's recap!
48-0. Floyd Mayweather Jr. remained undefeated with a landslide victory against a hapless Manny Pacquiao in the main event. Will "Money" take a shot at 50-0, or retire with one more fight as he mentioned last night?
- Considering Pacquiao somehow believed he won the fight, it's worth taking a look at the round-by-round breakdown (there is twelve of them folks). The recap tells the story of the fight.
- Watch the highlights. Spoiler: There weren't many on fight night to begin with!
- The scorecard shows how the judges saw it, but there is no real shocks here.
- CHECK OUT THIS $100 MILLION CHECK
- UFC fighters reacted, and Lorenzo Fertitta may have threw the best jab of the night!
- Sorry guys, but please no encore.
Features and extras
- Some fans couldn't buy the PPV, because the cable providers had TOO MANY orders.
- The MGM Grand Sports Book was packed!
- Sorry, but no fight for you Rachel Nichols and Michelle Beadle!
- Where do they go from here? Find out what could be next for "Money" and "Pac Man"
- Missed the post-fight press conference? We have got you covered.
- Pacquiao just couldn't get it done in "Sin City"
- Mayweather Jr., the best Boxer of this generation.
After nearly five years of anticipation, there is "Mayweather vs Pacquiao" in a nutshell. So was the event worth the $100 PPV price, or did it fall flat?
Sound off, Maniacs.