Alex Oliveira took a short-notice fight to battle K.J. Noons tonight (Sat., May 30, 2015) at UFC Fight Night 67 inside Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil.
And it was a super smart decision.
Noons got things started with a nice right hand, and then a left hook, as the much-taller Oliveira continued to circle and look for an opening. In a scramble, Oliveira took Noons' back along the fence and eventually secured the takedown. Noons, though, got right back to his feet only for Oliveira to dump him again ... and again.
Noons struggled, nonchalantly, along the cage as both were on their knees, and as the Hawaiian attempted to return to his feet again, the Brazilian snuck his forearm under his throat, sat back and forced the tap via rear-naked choke.
Oliveira is apparently not to be messed with once a fight hits the ground -- he hit that choke, and then the body triangle, about as fast as humanly possible. Noons didn't stand a chance defending the way he defended.
For complete results from UFC Fight Night 67: "Condit vs. Alves," including play-by-play updates, click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage