No hard feelings!
Top Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight contender Tyron Woodley was hopping mad when he heard that UFC 183 co-main event opponent, Kelvin Gastelum, was nine pounds overweight for their Jan. 31 showdown in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Time, apparently, heals all wounds.
"The kid lost, it was his first loss and he's not going to get his win bonus," Woodley told reporters at the UFC 183 post-fight press conference (watch it here). "Dana White probably yelled at him. His coaches probably yelled at him. He's probably pissed off at himself. I just can't find it in my heart to do that right now. I got the win, I had a good performance and I feel good about it."
Re-watch their fight here.
Gastelum will get back the 30 percent of his fight purse, forfeited when he missed weight, but will get no such generosity from UFC President Dana White. Along with fellow repeat offender John Lineker, the former Ultimate Fighter (TUF) champ will be forced to move up a weight class.
To check out complete UFC 183: "Silva vs. Diaz" results and coverage be sure to hit up our comprehensive story stream right here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage