|Main Card (PPV)|
|Middleweight||Anderson Silva||def.||Nick Diaz||Decision (unanimous) (49-46, 50-45, 50-45)||5||5:00|
|Catchweight (180 lbs)||Tyron Woodley||def.||Kelvin Gastelum||Decision (split) (28-29, 29-28, 30-27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Al Iaquinta||def.||Joe Lauzon||TKO (punches)||2||3:34|
|Middleweight||Thales Leites||def.||Tim Boetsch||Technical Submission (arm-triangle choke)||2||3:45|
|Welterweight||Thiago Alves||def.||Jordan Mein||TKO (body kick and punches)||2||0:39|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Women's Bantamweight||Miesha Tate||def.||Sara McMann||Decision (majority) (29-28, 29-27, 28-28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Derek Brunson||def.||Ed Herman||TKO (punches)||1||0:36|
|Catchweight (130 lbs)||John Lineker||def.||Ian McCall||Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Rafael Natal||def.||Tom Watson||Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Middleweight||Ildemar Alcântara||def.||Richardson Moreira||Decision (split) (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Thiago Santos||def.||Andy Enz||TKO (punches)||1||1:56|
My notes on UFC 183:
- Thiago Santos proved that he can crush with the best of them.
- Ildemar Alcantara showed that his brother is the talented one.
- Rafael Natal clearly has been working on his striking because he just absolutely beat the piss out Tom Watson.
- John Lineker missed weight for the millionth time and then beat one of the best Flyweights ever. Now instead of fighting for the title he's going to be have to move up and probably get smashed by some Bantamweights until he can get his diet under control. Heavy handed fat fuck.
- Derek Brunson is the real deal. Yes he lost to Yoel Romero and Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza but there is no shame in losing to those two freaks. I expect Brunson to make some waves this year.
- Miesha Tate can take a fucking punch, it was a close fight and Tate got the nod. I thought McMann won but ohfuckingwell. I want to see Tate face Sarah Kaufman again for the #1 contender spot next.
- Thiago Alves was getting lit the fuck up in that first round but proved in the second that he's still a killer.
- Thales Leites has shown improved striking as of late but it was his elite JJ that got him the W on Saturday. That was a really fun fight by the way.
- Al Iaquinta fucked Joe Lauzon up and proved that he's ready for a step up in competition. The dude is on fire and probably 2-3 wins away from a title shot.
- Tyron Woodley and Kelvin Gastelum bored everyone to death. What a shit fight. Woodley showed that he's a nice guy by turning down Kelvin's 30% fine after the fight and Kelvin proved on Friday that he'd rather stuff his face than be a Welterweight.
- Now onto the Main event, I stood for the entire fight. What a wild opening round that was. Diaz's antics in the first round were unbelievable. Such balls on that guy, you gotta respect it. He fucking layed down, he layed down. He stood with his back to the GOAT, it was fascinating. Moving on from his antics I thought he fought well. I thought he lost every round but he went 25 with the GOAT and he didn't get beat up that badly. His eye was fucked up but he has a ton of scar tissue on his face. He looked good and Silva obviously looked good. He was tentative but he outstruck Diaz for 25. I do expect him to fight again and like Dana said we'll find out how much Silva has left in his next fight.
Jido7 - 70 POINTS
- Jido7 scored 70 POINTS, solid score but it only gets him Bronze.
- He went 9-2 and had 2 PERFECTS (Tate & Natal).
lanky6 - 71 POINTS
- lanky6 scored 71 POINTS which was good enough to get him the Silver.
- He went 9-2 and had 4 PERFECTS (Silva, Iaquinta, Tate & Natal).
JimGunn - 81 POINTS
- JimGunn scored 81 POINTS which is a Fanfuckingtastic score. Congrats on the Gold my friend.
- He went 10-1 and had 4 PERFECTS (Iaquinta, Tate, Lineker & Santos).
- He is now assured of an entry for Season 17.
thepride - 32 POINTS
- thepride has once again shat the bed, he scored 32 POINTS. The former champ has been here before and I have no doubt he will be here again but it doesn't matter because he's already got his name on that fucking beloved trophy. He could shit the bed every event from here on out and he'd still be a MMP Champion.
- He went 6-5 and had 0 PERFECTS. Brutal.
- Please share a selfie or wear a sig of shame from JimGunn.
UFC 183: Silva vs Diaz
Saturday, Jan 31st, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
|Season Leaders - The Big Show Pick'em #22
6 / 10 events complete
Season started Dec 12, 2014
|1||480||lanky6||(select event)1) TUF 20 Finale / UFC on Fox 132) UFC Fight Night 58: Machida vs...3) UFC 182 - Jones vs Cormier4) UFC Fight Night 59: McGregor v...5) UFC on FOX 14: Gustafsson vs. ...6) UFC 183: Silva vs Diaz|
|2||470||kg12||(select event)1) TUF 20 Finale / UFC on Fox 132) UFC Fight Night 58: Machida vs...3) UFC 182 - Jones vs Cormier4) UFC Fight Night 59: McGregor v...5) UFC on FOX 14: Gustafsson vs. ...6) UFC 183: Silva vs Diaz|
|3||463||UKblitzkrieg007||(select event)1) TUF 20 Finale / UFC on Fox 132) UFC Fight Night 58: Machida vs...3) UFC 182 - Jones vs Cormier4) UFC Fight Night 59: McGregor v...5) UFC on FOX 14: Gustafsson vs. ...6) UFC 183: Silva vs Diaz|
EVENT WINNERS FOR SEASON 16:
Event 1: kg12 - 132 POINTS
Event 2: Rilly - 96 POINTS
Event 3: thepride - 108 POINTS
Event 4: Rilly - 103 POINTS
Event 5: Smerf - 76 POINTS
Event 6: JimGunn - 81 POINTS
EVENT SHITPICKERS FOR SEASON 16:
Event 1: Fear the Beard - 71 POINTS
Event 2: Fear the Beard - 29 POINTS
Event 3: LCN - 32 POINTS
Event 4: mbeare - 45 POINTS
Event 5: unambig & RGIII - 20 POINTS
Event 6: thepride - 32 POINTS
This is what you should be aiming for!
Oh by the way.