Conor McGregor unified the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight titles last Saturday night (Dec. 12, 2015) by knocking out Jose Aldo in the UFC 194 pay-per-view (PPV) main event (watch it), inside MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.
And UFC co-owner Frank Fertitta was either really happy, or really pissed off.
Interesting reaction from Frank Fertitta after the KO. Slams down the UFC belt. pic.twitter.com/btjwFxcuzI— Jeremy Botter (@jeremybotter) December 13, 2015
According to the other Fertitta, McGregor -- who has yet to taste defeat inside the UFC Octagon -- is great for the mixed martial arts (MMA) business because "Notorious" can move the pay-per-view (PPV) needle and shut down an entire country.
His next appearance is expected to be a featherweight title defense against Frankie Edgar, unless the promotion grants his request to jump up to lightweight and challenge for the 155-pound strap, in which case Fertitta would have two belts to slam next March.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage