This one should be fun.
Hendricks is coming off terrible weight-cutting issues at UFC 192, which forced him to bow out of his much-anticipated bout against Tyron Woodley in Houston, Texas. Prior to that, "Bigg Rigg" defeated Matt Brown at UFC 185 earlier in the year.
As for Thompson, he was last seen knocking Jake Ellenberger's block off this past summer, collecting his fifth straight victory in the process.
With seven bouts to his credit inside the Octagon, it's safe to say his bout against Hendricks is his toughest one to date. "Wonderboy's" sole loss inside the Octagon came at the hands of the aforementioned Matt Brown three years ago.
UFC 196 will be headlined by a much-anticipated rematch as Cain Velasquez looks to get his Heavyweight title back when ha faces off against Fabricio Werdum, the man who took it from him earlier this year.
Keep it tuned to MMAmania.com as more bouts are announced for what already looks like a star-studded affair.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage