Miesha Tate hasn't been feeling the love from Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lately.
After losing a promised title shot against Ronda Rousey to Holly Holm (details), Tate declared soon thereafter that she would consider retiring from the sport of mixed martial arts (MMA) if a title shot didn't come soon.
After all, she feels she fighting tougher competition than "Rowdy" is and getting less pay, too.
One title hopeful that won't be experiencing what "Cupcake" has endured over the last few months is Claudia Gadleha, who recently told MMA Fighting that UFC matchmaker, Sean Shelby, told her that he would not "Miesha Tate" her.
Basically, she will absolutely get the next shot at the strawweight title.
"I spoke with Sean (Shelby) and he told me in English, ‘I don't wanna Miesha Tate you.' My case is totally different than Miesha's because she lost twice and they don't want to do a third fight, and my fight with Joanna was different. She didn't finish me, and she wants this fight too. It's completely different. I believe this fight will happen now."
According to Claudia, she lobbied for a fight this year, however, UFC officials obviously had bigger plans for her, which is why she's been riding the pine.
As for who she feels will prove victorious in the co-main event of UFC 193 on Nov. 14, 2015 in Melbourne, Australia, Gadelha picks Joanna Joanna Jedrzejczyk to outclass Valerie Letourneau. Should that be the case, Claudia will get a chance to get one back on "JJ" after the Polish-born fighter defeated her via split-decision at UFC on FOX 13 last year.
As for Tate, she plans and meeting with UFC president Dana White later this month to present him with a list of demands that may convince her to stick around.
Perhaps she might want to add forbidding UFC staff to use her name as a catch phrase if it isn't in a positive light to her list.