"First of all, she didn't touch gloves with Holly on Saturday, which I'm sure is a big part of it. But the stuff on social media and the things I've seen, there's just dirty, horrible people that just love to come out and be nasty and be negative and with social media, even idiots can have opinions. Ronda trained hard for this fight. Ronda went to Melbourne two weeks ahead of time to acclimate over there. Ronda had a bad night, she lost. She needs to come back, get in the gym, overcome this thing and fight Holly again."
-- Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White had nothing but praise for newly-crowned women's bantamweight champion Holly Holm during his recent spot on TMZ Live, but also thought ex-champion Ronda Rousey -- knocked out by "The Preacher's Daughter" last weekend in Australia -- was getting way too much abuse from the "idiots" on social media. Heck, even boxing rival Floyd Mayweather came to "Rowdy's" defense against the internet trolls, who continue to shred the Olympian in the mixed martial arts (MMA) forums. While it's not unreasonable to think a star of Rousey's magnitude would get her comeuppance from haters, has the anti-Rousey rhetoric finally crossed the line?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage