Who needs technical support when you can just call Taylor Swift?
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White was chewing the fat with Ariel Helwani on Thursday, explaining the massive undertaking in outfitting the Etihad Stadium for Saturday night's (Nov. 14, 2015) UFC 193 pay-per-view (PPV) event in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Bright lights (in the big city).
"They had to open the roof, then close it section by section as they put the riggings up," White said. "We literally have every LED in the country. We actually had to borrow some stuff from Taylor Swift to pull this event off in here, the way that we do it."
Hopefully it pays off.
White and Co. are expecting upward of 70,000 mixed martial arts (MMA) fans to show up for "Rousey vs. Holm," featuring a pair of women's title fights in the main and co-main events (more on that here). The result could be a $6 million gate (second only to this one).
To see the finalized UFC 193 fight card and line up click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage