I'm sure Holly Holm's heart was in the right place.
"The Preacher's Daughter" made the UFC 193 open workouts as fan friendly as possible, inviting one lucky gal in attendance to jump on stage and spar with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's bantamweight No. 1 contender.
And if you know anything about this wacky business, you'll probably wince as Holm eats a couple of stiff push kicks to the bread basket. Not to suggest her impromptu sparring partner was a Ronda Rousey fan trying to soften her up, but if you don't know what you're doing, it can easily lead to disaster.
"I'm always going to involve the fans," Holm told reporters (via MMA Junkie). "If they're going to come here just to watch us do an open workout, I want to be involved with them."
For much more on Holm's UFC 193 title fight, which takes place this Saturday night (Nov. 14, 2015) inside Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage