Tom Petty won't back down. Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), on the other hand, may not have a choice.
Probably because the "tyrants" who unjustly slapped Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight Nick Diaz with a five-year suspension from mixed martial arts (MMA) got creamed by the combat sports community for their actions, which eventually spilled over into the mainstream media (sample).
It even went as far as the Oval Office.
Now it appears cooler heads have prevailed and Diaz may even avoid the appeal process.
"Just spoke with my legal team at Campbell & Williams and talks with the Nevada athletic commission are going well," Diaz wrote on Instagram. "We're working hard with them to get this right. Thanks for the support."
A settlement which could see him back inside the Octagon by next summer.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage