It took nearly two years to get Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight Josh Barnett back into the Octagon after losing to Travis Browne at UFC 168 back in late 2013. "The Warmaster" finally returned at UFC Fight Night 75 and took a unanimous decision win over Roy Nelson in Japan (watch it).
Next time could take even longer.
"His manager said that Josh had an amazing week last week in Japan, but he told me bottom line is Josh makes more money acting," Ariel Helwani told UFC Tonight. "He's healthy. If the UFC offers him a big fight, he could fight in two months, but he might not even fight again. Josh needs to decide what's more important, his finances or his legacy."
Heavyweight fighters becoming actors? There seems to be a lot of that going around these days.
Barnett, 37, was last seen chewing scenery with longtime action star Steven Seagal (more on that movie here) and is currently in talks for a prominent acting role in another upcoming film. In addition, the part-time pro wrestler keeps himself active on the Metamoris grappling circuit.
"The Warmaster" is currently ranked No. 6 at 265 pounds.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage