Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight scrapper Michael Chiesa was stopped by Joe Lauzon in the second round of their UFC Fight Night 50 lightweight showdown (recap), after the attending physician deemed "Maverick" unfit to continue, thanks to "J-Lau's" knee to the dome that opened up a nasty cut (see it here).
And he's not happy about it.
"Out of all the bloody three-round wars I've seen ... Diego, Lauzon and many others, why the hell did they stop my fight?" Cheisa asked on Twitter. "I was never beat, my will was never broken, I was winning that fight. I demand a rematch before the year ends. I hope you all were entertained, you guys got robbed as much as me. That fight was going to be a three-round war. We all got robbed."
Watch video of their slobberknocker here.
The loss was just the second of Chiesa's career and dropped him to 11-2. The good news is, their fight was shaping up to be a three-round classic prior to the premature ending. While I don't think fans would object to a second go-round, Lauzon might be looking toward a fight that could elevate him into the title hunt.
Time will tell.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage