If former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight kingpin Georges St. Pierre was still on the fence about making his return to mixed martial arts (MMA), after taking a break from combat sports and then injuring his knee, promotion president Dana White is adding a little something to sweeten the deal.
Like a guaranteed welterweight title shot.
"It would be tough to deny that GSP comes right back and doesn't fight for the title," White told The Download. "You know what I mean? GSP can do whatever he wants. If he wants to come back and fight for the title, or if he wants a fight before that - he can do whatever he wants."
St. Pierre nearly lost his 170-pound championship following a controversial title fight against Johny Hendricks in late 2013. "Bigg Rigg" would move on to claim the vacant title against Robbie Lawler not long after, and will now rematch "Ruthless" in early 2015 as his first title defense.
But I'm not sure a title shot -- or the ability to take a tune up fight -- is enough to convince the French-Canadian phenom to lace 'em up one last time, because one of his biggest pet peeves still has not been addressed.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage