"I broke it a year ago in Brazil and I banged it up during this camp. It has been banged up for a year and never really healed. The hand did, the finger's a mess. I don't want to take away from anything. I still hit him as hard as I could. I've already talked to the guys in the UFC. I am going to get surgery when I get back. My hand doesn't close properly. I have a little brusitus on my knuckle. I guess I'm going to have surgery. I'm not sure about my hand too much. It shouldn't be long. My hand will heal up quick. I do take care of it because I do physical therapy on some part of my body everyday."
Fresh off his unanimous decision win over Brad Pickett at the UFC Fight Night 46 event on Fight Pass, which took place last Saturday (July 19, 2014) inside the O2 Arena in Dublin, Ireland, top flyweight contender Ian McCall revealed he will need surgery to correct a mangled mitt, thanks to a healing process gone awry after a broken hand suffered last year in Brazil. Depending on his recovery timeline, that could put the kibosh on his proposed showdown against fellow title contender John Lineker. For more results and fallout from UFC's return to Dublin click here and here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage