Even if you watched the Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler main event bout at last night's (Sat., Mar. 15, 2014) UFC 171 pay-per-view (PPV) from the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas, and agreed with the judges scores -- 48-47 across the board in favor of Hendricks -- you may not realize just how the judges got there.
More specifically, judge Doug Crosby.
Take a look at this:
Aladin Martinez and Mike Gonzales both saw the fight exactly the same. Hendricks won rounds 1, 2, and 5 by scores of 10-9, and Lawler won rounds 3 and 4 by scores of 10-9.
Then we have Crosby, who, for whatever reason, scored round two 10-8 for Hendricks and had the two even at 10-10 in the fifth and final round. That is a stunning scorecard, mostly because you won't likely find a pundit anywhere on Earth who agrees with it.
Which leads me to you, dear Maniacs. Does that scorecard look sane to you? Or is Crosby right and everyone else wrong?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage