Glassy-eyed and scratched up is how Thiago Silva appeared when he was booked into Broward County's Main Jail earlier this morning on four charges, including aggravated battery and resisting an officer.
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) veteran remains in custody after a bizarre incident last night (more details here), during which he reportedly walked in Pablo Popovitch Mixed Martial Arts Academy in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., armed with a weapon and made "unspecified" threats.
Silva left the popular Brazilian jiu-jitsu school without harming anyone; however, he returned to his home and "locked himself inside." Local authorities then alerted the tactical SWAT team, including a helicopter, which surrounded his home in what was initially described as an "armed standoff."
The Brazilian was ultimately apprehended/surrendered, but not without first "resisting" an officer. Read the full list of charges in his shocking police report here.
Watch video of Silva being taken into custody here.
UFC has already released a brief statement (read it here) on the alarming situation that involved one of its most recognizable Light Heavyweight fighters, who trains out of the Blackzilians camp in nearby Delray Beach.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage