MMA for effort?
Former Strikeforce featherweight champion Cristiane Justino has canceled her drop to the bantamweight division, instead opting to remain at 145 pounds when she returns to the cage this February. "Cyborg," who is currently rehabbing an ankle injury, will instead focus on defending her Invicta FC title.
From her conversation with MMA Fighting:
"I haven't fought in a long time. With this injury, I believe the best option now will be fight in my division. I can't wait anymore, I need to fight. I'm the featherweight champion and Invicta FC needs me to defend my belt. I believe I will be ready to fight in February. I'm slowly returning to training, so I won't get injured again. I'm swimming and doing physical therapy since I got back from Thailand. My physical therapist Ivan Carmosino will clear me to train soon."
Justino injured her ankle while preparing for her 135-pound debut this Friday at Invicta FC 10; however, she was forced to withdraw from the all-female mixed martial arts (MMA) event after getting hurt (more on that here). "Cyborg" has not ruled out a drop to bantamweight at some point in the latter half of 2015.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage