Longtime mixed martial arts (MMA) veteran and former PRIDE hurter Wanderlei Silva was spouting off about a potential fight against Chael Sonnen in Brazil, despite the fact that both combatants are serving suspensions from Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC).
And then there's that Phil Baroni rumor, too.
I guess someone at Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) caught wind of the Brazilian's planned extracurricular activities, and kindly reminded "The Axe Murderer" that he's still bound to his ZUFFA contract, even if he stands in defiance of NSAC.
Balloon, meet lead.
Silva skipped town earlier this year when drug testers tried to ambush him ahead of UFC 175. While he later admitted to taking a diuretic (because of this), Wandy no-showed a pair of disciplinary hearings and slammed UFC for being a "freak show."
In addition, Silva recently Pete Rose'd himself out of the UFC hall of fame, and it's becoming increasingly-difficult to watch one of the all-time greats finish his career on such a sour note.
Any chance this story has a happy ending?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage