The official weigh-in event for UFC 179: "Aldo vs. Mendes 2" took place today (Fri., Oct. 24, 2014) from the Maracanazinho Gymnasium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Three fighters missed weight, but all bouts will go ahead as planned.
Complete UFC 179 weigh in results are as follows:
145 lbs.: Jose Aldo (145) vs. Chad Mendes (145)
205 lbs.: Glover Teixeira (205) vs. Phil Davis (205)
205 lbs.: Fabio Maldonado (205) vs. Hans Stringer (206)
145 lbs.: Darren Elkins (145) vs. Lucas Martins (146)
155 lbs.: Carlos Diego Ferreira (156) vs. Beneil Dariush (156)
170 lbs.: William Macario (170) vvs. Neil Magny (171)
155 lbs.: Yan Cabral (156) vs. Naoyuki Kotani (155)
125 lbs.: Scott Jorgensen (128) vs. Wilson Reis (125)
145 lbs.: Felipe Arantes (146) vs. Andre Fili (146)
155 lbs.: Gilbert Burns (155) vs. Christos Giagos (156)
155 lbs.: Fabricio Camoes (158) vs. Tony Martin (157)
MMAmania.com will deliver LIVE round-by-round, blow-by-blow coverage of the entire UFC 179 fight card on fight night, starting with the Fight Pass "Prelims" matches online, which are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. ET, and then the remaining under card balance on FOX Sports 1 at 8 p.m. ET before the PPV start time at 10 p.m. ET.
See you then!
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage