Welcome, Maniacs, to the fifty-ninth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fear, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: Jesse Holland takes the cake this week for his Laverne and Shirley reference in his UFC 164 prognostications article.
Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Octagon Incorporated!
- Jesse Holland
- Article of the week: Adam Guillen doesn't get enough love here, so I'm giving a shoutout to his Monday Morning Hangover post about Frank Mir's fighting future.
- Statistic of the Week: It's always funny how this happens, but with The Ultimate Fighter debuting on Wednesday night, one of the coaches Miesha Tate's ESPN Body issue of nude photos again quickly becomes one of our most popularly visited articles of the week.
- MMAmania's Verbal Submission Podcast: The Verbal Submission podcast returned this week with a special two hour edition co-hosted (for the foreseeable future) with Matt Roth. We also had interviews with UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and TUF 18 competitor Timmy Gorman. (Editor's note: we're switching to Tuesdays until The Ultimate Fighter is done airing).
Did you miss it? Don't worry, you can listen to the archived podcast by clicking on the player below:
- Photoshop of the week: Dammit, Miley, not Chuck too!
- Fanpost of the week: Oh, unambig wrote something? Okay, UFC 164 report card it is.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the Week: Moneypool is back, check out the leaderboard after two events.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This goes to P-Dub, who had a witty retort to after Oilcheck typically decided to come into a conversation and dirty it up.
I'd like to see Pettis choke Henderson with his ponytail.
and jerks him off while doing it
If there is such a thing as a simultaneous happy and sad ending, that would be it.
- Interview of the Week: In case you missed my interview with Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko, who's defending his title tomorrow night, check it out:
But that's not all, Michael Stets had an excellent interview with Glory Chief Executive Andrew Whittaker talking about the growth of kickboxing in the United States and James Goyder spoke with One FC's Kotetsu Boka.
- Video of the Week: If you've ever doubted Daniel Cormier's strength or athleticism, just watch this:
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter.
Here's our honorary #MMAmania Tweet of the Week: C.J. Tuttle earns the honors this week for not only hitting a fucking 11 fight parlay but also posting the proof on Twitter:
Ever hit an 11 fight parlay? I just did. #UFCFightNight28 #UFC pic.twitter.com/T8vSehalbO— Christopher J Tuʇʇle (@kidceej) September 5, 2013
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland, Matthew Roth, Adam Guillen Jr., C.J. Tuttle, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr., Michael Stets, Jason Probst, Cory Braiterman and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: Now that's a tight fit.
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. This time, it has nothing to do with fighting ability.
Who's the most athletic fighter in mixed martial arts today?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.