Glover Teixeira is now a certified headlining talent in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) after he was the lead star at tonight's (Wed., Sept. 4, 2013) UFC Fight Night 28: "Teixeira vs. Bader" event from Belo Horizonte, Brazil, where he disposed of Ryan Bader in the very first round to stake his claim to a light heavyweight title shot.
But it didn't come easy.
Indeed, "Darth" gave it the old college try when he came out aggressive and landed a couple hard shots that actually had the Brazilian backed up against the fence. But when they exchanged the next series of blows, it was Teixeira who did the most damage, dropping Bader with a counter punch before finishing him off with a follow up flurry.
After, he said he wasn't happy with his performance and he's got plans to go back to the training room to fix the mistakes he made. There's no doubting he found himself in trouble against an opponent current 205-pound champion Jon Jones completely blew away, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve his crack at the crown.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage