Welcome, Maniacs, to the sixtieth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fear, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: Some of you guys got a little bit too excited that B.J. Penn was returning to MMA, but christophermun took the hyperbole to an entirely new level.
bj penn once killed 37 terrorists with 2 bullets
the first bullet was a warning shot
- Article of the week: It's not technically MMAmania exclusive, but the work that our own Matt Roth did alongside Brent Brookhouse in uncovering all the craziness in regards to drug testing negotiations before the upcoming George St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks welterweight title fight was worth checking out
- Statistic of the Week: For the second straight week, the Miesha Tate's ESPN Body issue of nude photos again was one of our most popular articles. Doesn't matter that it's two months old. I guess people see her coaching and just want to know what she looks like with nothing on.
- MMAmania's Verbal Submission Podcast: I had some technical difficulties this Tuesday, so instead of the regular Mania podcast, I'll let you guys check out my Sunday show which had Sean Spencer's head coach and cornerman, Sayif Saud.
- Photoshop of the week: OIlcheck couldn't resist some Bisping photoshopping.
- Fanpost of the week: Let's give the Friday Fun Thread some love this week. I don't give it enough. Great place to chill out and enjoy the last regular workday before a relaxing weekend full of smaller MMA events.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the Week: LukeRyanAlexander had an interesting post concerning the most intriguing fights for Lyoto Machida now that he's a middleweight. It's short, sweet and to the point. Give it a look.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This goes to mrbiznizman, for his perfectly worded remark concerning Mayhem Miller's third stint in jail in the past three weeks.
He's at it again!
He's like the Bob Sapp of staying out of jail
- Interview of the Week: In case you missed my interview with Octagon MMA coach Sayif Saud, give it a look. It opens your eyes to just how much goes into cornering a fighter, even someone opening up the Facebook portion of the preliminary card in Brazil.
But that's not all, Michael Stets had an excellent interview with WSOF 5 headliner Andrei Arlovski and I also spoke with TUF 18's Timmy Gorman, WSOF 5's Rick Glenn and Georgi Karakhanyan.
- Burn of the Week: Randleman had a third degree burn on Alistair Overeem in the UFC Fight Night 26 medical suspensions post concerning Travis Browne's need to be checked out by a foot doctor:
Browne must have cut his foot badly on the glass from Reem's chin
- Video of the Week: One of my favorite comedians Bill Burr talks about his first live UFC event:
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter.
Here's our honorary #MMAmania Tweet of the Week: Matt Roth earns the honors this week for poking fun at poor old Oscar De La Hoya
You think Oscar De La Hoya's rehab will show the Canello/Mayweather PPV?— Matthew Roth (@MattRoth512) September 10, 2013
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland, Matthew Roth, Adam Guillen Jr., C.J. Tuttle, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr., Michael Stets, Jason Probst, Cory Braiterman and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: I think I need a cold shower after this tease.
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. This time, it has nothing to do with fighting ability.
What event this weekend are you most looking forward to? One FC, BAMMA, Cage Warriors, Legacy, WSOF or Bellator?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.