Now, it's Nick Diaz's turn.
Our comrades over at MMA Fighting joined the former Strikeforce welterweight champion for two days as the rookie mixed martial arts (MMA) promoter launched his first live event, titled "WAR MMA" from the Stockton Arena in Stockton, Calif., on June 22, 2013.
See all the results and live play-by-play from last weekend's show right here.
Diaz, who was "happy" with the outcome, is unsure if he'll hold a second event, but plans to sit down with his team to make a decision about the future of WAR MMA, which abandoned the cage format in favor of a ring and implemented a few additional rules (see them here) to help make fights more exciting.
WAR MMA attracted around 3,500 spectators and streamed online at no charge.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage