"I think [Weidman] is very, very dangerous. His grappling is at a very high level. He can submit any world-class grappler. I think he's really that good. He can tap anyone, even me. It's just a matter of if he can put Anderson in those situations. I would still put my money on Anderson but I think Chris Weidman is dangerous and can surprise him."
If Chris Weidman can submit Abu Dhabi Combat Club (ADCC) Superfight Champion Roger Gracie, what chance does Anderson Silva have? We'll find out at UFC 162, when the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight kingpin tries to retain his title against the undefeated contender as part of the "Silva vs. Weidman" pay-per-view (PPV) event (preview here), which takes place on July 6, 2013 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Gracie tells ESPN.com that his money is still on "The Spider," but he -- as well as the rest of the mixed martial arts (MMA) world -- may be surprised over Fourth of July Weekend in "Sin City." Anyone (besides Georges St. Pierre) ready to put a sig bet on the "All American" collegiate wrestling phenom by way of tap, nap or snap?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage