The first time they met, Cain Velasquez absolutely destroyed Antonio Silva, battering the Brazilian "Bigfoot" so badly, the Octagon canvas was painted with his blood. Now, the two battled in the rematch in the main event of tonight's (Sat., May 25, 2013) UFC 160 pay-per-view (PPV) from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Only this time, the heavyweight title was on the line.
Second verse, same as the first.
Velasquez attacked early with takedowns, attempting the same strategy he employed in their first encounter, which basically consisted of dragging the big man to the mat and beating him to a bloody pulp. He was successful the first time, but not so much here.
It didn't matter.
That's because Cain caught Silva with a straight left hand followed by a straight right that put the Brazilian down. His follow up onslaught, nearly impossible to stop, was enough to force the referee to call an end to the proceedings.
It took him even less time to vanquish "Bigfoot," sending him to the back of the line in the heavyweight division and solidifying his status as the very best in all the land. But there is another Brazilian out there waiting for him, one Junior dos Santos, who is now fresh off an incredible knockout victory over Mark Hunt.
Y'all ready for Velasquez vs. Dos Santos part three?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage