The first time they met, Cain Velasquez absolutely destroyed Antonio Silva, battering the Brazilian "Bigfoot" so badly, the Octagon canvas was painted with his blood. Now, the two battled in the rematch in the main event of tonight's (Sat., May 25, 2013) UFC 160 pay-per-view (PPV) from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Only this time, the heavyweight title was on the line.
Velasquez opened the first round by immediately shooting for a takedown, dipping low for a leg and hanging on for dear life. He had to let go eventually and when he did, he went to work on "Bigfoot" on their feet.
It didn't take long for him to get the job done from there.
Silva came in hard and ate a big shot that put him down on his knees. Velasquez, a relentless killer when he's got his opponent hurt, jumped at the opportunity and unleashed a vicious onslaught of follow up punches that forced the referee to call an end to the bout.
That's all she wrote.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage