Let him cross the border, bro.
Tyrone Spong, who was expected to take on up-and-coming light heavyweight knockout artist Angel DeAnda at the World Series of Fighting (WSOF) 3 event on June 14, 2013, in Las Vegas, Nevada, has been forced off the card due to visa issues, according to a report from Sherdog.com.
The promotion is hoping to get him back in action later this summer.
The hard-hitting Surinamese-Dutch kickboxer made his mixed martial arts (MMA) debut at WSOF 1 last November on NBC Sports, making mincemeat out of regional slugger Travis Bartlett. He promptly returned to his stand-up roots just last month, knocking out Remy Bonjasky in spectacular fashion in the second round of their GLORY 5 main event in London.
See it again here.
No word yet on whether or not DeAnda will receive a new opponent or hang around until Spong gets his affairs in order. WSOF 3 is expected to be headlined by a welterweight battle pitting former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) stars Jon Fitch vs. Josh Burkman.
To see the current WSOF 3 fight card and rumors click here.
Latest From Our Partners
- Breakout Fighters in 2013? (BR)
- 10 Most Unlikeable MMA Characters (BR)
- Best Tactical Game-Planners in MMA (BR)
- Fighters on Brink of Title Contention (BR)
- Unsung Fighters With UFC Titles in Future (BR)
- Most Unemotional Fighters in UFC (BR)
- Flyweight Prospects UFC Should Sign (BR)
- Latest MMA Rumors (SI)