After Thursday's (Dec. 26, 2013) UFC 168 pre-fight press conference, rumors started to passed around that former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar was considering possibly returning to the Octagon.
Lesnar was last seen at UFC 141 when he lost against Alistair Overeem in the first round. He's since returned to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) on a very limited basis. He's had appearances on the major WWE pay-per-view (PPV) but has remained mostly outside of the public eye.
At the UFC 168 weigh ins, MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani caught up with UFC President Dana White to talk about Lesnar's possible return. White didn't deny the rumor and was extremely coy with Helwani when discussing Lesnar.
I dunno. Haha. If there was something there and I hadn't announced it, why would I tell you anyway? Anything I say to you is going to be a lie. Don't worry about it. You don't worry about what's going on with Brock. If something happened with Brock, you'll know about it.
The question is the last of the interview. Is it just me or is Dana playing this one extremely close to the chest? A Lesnar return would do major PPV numbers in a world without Georges St-Pierre.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage