History was made at tonight's (Sat., Nov. 30, 2013) The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18 Finale at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, as Jessica Rakoczy battled Julianna Pena to become the first ever female winner of The Ultimate Fighter.
They got after it like a six-figure contract was on the line, too.
Pena, in particular, was super aggressive, scoring multiple takedowns early and advancing position almost every time. She went from half guard and working to pass to full mount and raining down blows.
It was ugly.
Actually, it got to be such a savage beating, with Pena just unloading with punches and elbows, that the referee had no choice but to step in and stop it.
Had he waited a few seconds more, the opening round would have come to a close and Rakoczy would have had another shot at it. Perhaps it wouldn't have mattered, considering how vicious that opening round beatdown was.
The Ultimate Fighter, indeed.
For complete TUF 18 Finale results and blow-by-blow coverage of all the night's action click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage