Last night (Sat., Nov. 16, 2013) in the main event of UFC 167: "St. Pierre vs. Hendricks" at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre successfully defended his title for the ninth consecutive time by scoring a split decision victory over Johny Hendricks.
Or did he (watch the controversial video highlights right here)?
Well, he did, yes, because the cageside judges awarded him the win and that's the official result that will go down in the record books. But it's not without a great deal of controversy, as many observers, both pundit and fan alike, believe Hendricks was jobbed out of the win.
First, the striking:
Next, the grappling:
Finally, the performance scores:
As you can see, Fight Metric, using its system, scored the bout for Hendricks. That's based on numbers, and is obviously not a complete system but it's the best we've got to work with outside of the simple eye test.
So, based on what you see here, do you believe St. Pierre is the rightful winner and the judges got it right? Or did Hendricks really get jobbed? What did your scorecard look like, Maniacs?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage