Get used to it.
Top light heavyweight and part-time poet, Chael Sonnen, has been doing this shtick for over three years, when he first busted some rhymes on former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva (see a sample of his earlier work here).
Recent victims of his tongue lashing have been UFC 205-pound champion Jon Jones, as well as fellow Ultimate Fighter (TUF) "Brazil" coach Wanderlei Silva (read those here and here). With a UFC 167 co-main event just around the corner, the "American Gangster" returned to form to preview his Rashad Evans fight.
For you at home, I don't know if you heard or I don't know if you saw,
But the UFC is this Saturday and they brought their biggest draw!
So for all the fans on the forums and even the drunks at the bar,
Eat down your popcorn and drink that beer with one big gulp,
Tune in Saturday, when I make [Rashad Evans] pulp!
Since "Suga" hasn't been much of a sounding board himself, we'll have to wait until they trade punches inside the cage to get our money's worth. The action gets underway this Saturday night (Nov. 16, 2013) at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
More on their light heavyweight match-up here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage