Former No. 1-ranked Flyweight championship challenger, John Dodson, welcomed Darrell Montague to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) last night (Sat., Oct. 19, 2013) at Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
And it was rude!
"The Magician" pulled out all the mixed martial arts (MMA) tricks, beating "The Mongoose" to the punch in virtually every exchange thanks to his lightning-fast hands. Dodson staggered Montague on numerous occasions early and often, but he was able to remain upright and fire back.
Unfortunately, he didn't land very much. And it was only a matter of time before he succumbed to the barrage of strikes that Dodson was landing with ridiculous precision. In fact, Dodson probably could have ended the 125-pound match sooner, but he remained patient until he connected with a flush punch that literally face-planted Montague with less than one minute remaining in round one.
It's unclear exactly what the reasoning was behind that mismatch. Montague proved that he was tough and could take a punch, but all it did was keep Dodson busy as he awaits the winner of Demetrious Johnson vs. Joseph Benavidez rematch next month (Nov. 30, 2013) at The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18 Finale.
Maybe that's just it ...
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage