Ronda Rousey retained her bantamweight championship in the main event of last night's (Sat., Aug. 18, 2012) Strikeforce show in San Diego, California, by submitting Sarah Kaufman with her trademark armbar in just 54 seconds. After, she caught up with Karyn Bryant for a post-fight interview.
Among the few things she discussed:
- Rousey says she trained to go all five rounds but fully expected she would finish the job in the shortest time possible. So, just like everyone says.
- She cannot confirm, in fact, if Cristiane Justino is a man, which is why she doesn't call her "Guy-borg" and instead refers to her as "Cy-roid." By the way, she's maintaining that "Cyborg" has to make 135-pounds in order for the fight to happen.
- Shout outs to her training partners, like Manny Gamburyan, who she says is her favorite and he's the guy who taught her a triangle. He was also involved in the first MMA fight she ever watched.
- Rousey maintains her stance that a career in Hollywood would be a death sentence but she doesn't rule out taking opportunities in that realm.
- She wants to fight "Cyborg" in January.
With "Cyborg" tweeting that she is waiting to be released by the UFC because she can't make 135-pounds, it seems highly unlikely the fight will ever be made. We shall see.