Welcome, Maniacs, to the third edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: randomly made me laugh the hardest
He found out Sergio was Mexican and refused to come on
- Wisetoad (explaining why head honcho Thomas Myers wasn't on the Mania Martial Arts podcast this week)
- If you haven't listened to this past week's episode of the Mania Martial Arts podcast, you should check it out. While they had some technical difficulties this weekend, there was still some nice perspective on the Anderson Silva rant and even some classic Geno Time ranting against Dr. Benjamin.
- Article of the week: I'm giving it to Adam Guillen's recap of the UFC 148 conference call, one of the most intense and interesting 25 minutes I've ever had since I started covering the sport
Statistic of the week: There was so much MMA going on this past weekend, Fedor retiring and Anderson Silva going ballistic on Chael Sonnen during a conference call, one of the most popular articles for the past week was the gif of poor Roger Huerta getting his head nearly soccer kicked off. You guys are sadistic!
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: This one goes to SuperShins for his "Inspiration" article which detailed his mindset in the week leading up to a Muay Thai fight in Thailand. It's a very unique perspective and everyone should check it out.
- Honorable mention fanposts: F'N Clownshoes' Screen Name Origins (What's in a name?) article had some very interesting content (and comments) and you've got to give props to unambig for the insane amount of work and time he put in for the UFC marathon report cards. Lastly, props to Lesnar's Striking Coach for the Re-Birth of Travis Wiuff article. I thought it was solid.
- Random Shoutout of the Week: Fat Daddy Doobs
Reason - He should have been in the comment of the week (or at least honorable mention) last week for his hilarious comment about what he'd like to do to Bellator ring girl Jade Bryce. Hopefully this makes up for it!
- Honorable mention comment of the week: The Pride reveals how he got his name
The Pride is short for "The Pride of the Whitebelts"
Self proclaimed. The story behind that was i had been training jits for about 9 months and this blue belt was busting my balls about being a white belt. So I told him, hey im the pride of the white belts, youre the disgrace of the blue belts. The name stuck... And i have a tshirt the says pride of the whitebelts on it lol. Side note- I was around 120 pounds at the time... the blue belt(now a purple belt) was about 290.
- The Pride
- Mania drama of the week: The ANS situation. You Maniacs love your drama and this one seems pretty damn juicy. If you want to know more, look up and CTRL+F Ulf Murphy's meticulously researched posts in OJR's fanpost.
- Interview of the Week: Part Two with 145 lb prospect Chris Gruetzemacher. He may not be a household name (yet) but he's incredibly forthcoming, trains out of a great gym and is on a huge hot streak. You should really read this.
If that interview isn't enough for you, we've also got part one with Gruetzemacher as well as James Goyder's spectacular work, speaking with OneFC victor Adam Kayoom.
- Video of the Week: How can I not include this amazing UFC 148 hype video: It's Personal. I got serious nerd chills.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week:
Not sure I'll ever live blog TNA again. What a screaming steaming pile of shit that show is right now.
- Honorable mention goes to our very own Sergio Hernandez, talking the Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes divorce:
For Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, age difference or time spent apart was the likely culprit. Also, Cruise is buttfuck crazy with Scientology.
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Geno Mrosko, Jesse Holland, Sergio Hernandez, Kevin Haggerty and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week:
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. While no one took me up on it last week, I'll try one more time this week. If there's no debate, then we'll scrap this.
What would you do to help fix judging in MMA?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com