Do you want to be a f*cking fighter?
Dustin Pague does and he's decided his career aspirations outweigh the risks of fighting twice in just two weeks. That's right, "The Disciple," who defeated Jared Papazian by rear-naked choke submission at UFC on FX 3 just one week ago (June 8, 2012), has agreed to step in on short notice to take on Ken Stone.
The kicker? The bout is scheduled to take place next Friday night, June 22, at UFC on FX 4 at the Revel Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey. That's a turnaround of just 14 days, folks.
UFC.com explains the need:
Pague and Stone made quick work of their last opponents, finishing with the same choke in the first round -- Pague's victory came last Friday at UFC on FX 3.
Pague is Stone's third opponent in short order -- his original opponent, Edwin Figueroa was injured and replaced just weeks ago by Rivera.
Dana White (UFC President) and Joe Silva (UFC Matchmaker) do love it when employees step up to the plate when injuries dictate the need for as much. But is it worth Pague putting his body on the line to please his bosses?
Either way, UFC on FX 3 is once again complete with a full dance card for next week. Get up to date on all that by clicking here and get the latest and greatest news and notes on the event by clicking here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage