UFC 146: "Dos Santos vs. Mir" took place last night (Sat., May 26, 2012) from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, featuring Junior dos Santos successfully defending his heavyweight championship with a second-round knockout victory over Frank Mir.
Just like he predicted.
Former division titleholder Cain Velasquez earned another crack at the crown by bludgeoning Antonio Silva in the co-main event of the evening. Had this fight not occurred inside the Octagon, Velasquez may well have been wanted for attempted murder today, it was so bad.
Other action on the card saw Roy Nelson send Dave Herman off to La La Land, Stipe Miocic stop Shane del Rosario to remain undefeated, and Stefan Struve submit Lavar Johnson after barely breaking a sweat.
Junior dos Santos vs. Frank Mir
Select photos (Nelson-Herman, Miocic-Del Rosario, Struve-Johnson, Brown-Pineda) by Eshter Lin via MMAFighting.com. All other photos via US Presswire.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage