Strikeforce: "Barnett vs. Cormier" took place last night (Sat., May 19, 2012) from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California, featuring Daniel Cormier dominating Josh Barnett over five rounds and 25 minutes to become the heavyweight grand prix tournament champion.
It's just too bad both guys suffered broken hands in the process.
Gilbert Melendez brought an end to his rivalry with Josh Thomson by winning the rubber match via split decision and successfully defending his lightweight championship. It didn't come without controversy, however, as the judges decision was roundly booed by fans at the arena and panned by those at home.
The Fight Metric report backs up the judges but it's all subjective. Or something like that.
A photo gallery is available for your viewing pleasure after the jump. For complete results and blow-by-blow coverage of all the night's action click here, here and here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage