Just a short while ago, it was reported by the bloodhounds at TMZ that Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones crashed his car around 5:00 a.m. this morning in New York and he was subsequently arrested for DUI once police arrived on the scene.
After spending a few hours in the clink, he was bailed out by his mother.
As the day has worn on, more and more information has become available. In fact, Jones' manager, Malki Kawa, released the following statement not long ago:
"I can confirm that Jon Jones was arrested early this morning on suspicion of DUI. While the facts of this situation are still being gathered and situated, First Round Management fully supports Jon and we are asking for fans and media to respect the privacy of Jon and his family during this time."
MMAFighting.com also has a few more details from the Broome County Sheriff's Office, including the fact that Jones was arrested at approximately 5:02 a.m. after his car struck a pole. It was a single car accident and Jones suffered only "minor injuries."
For the initial report on Jones' DUI arrest click here.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage