Welcome, Maniacs, to the weekly series where we help you catch up on some of the original reporting done by other sites in the vast MMA landscape. Like Nick Diaz and Dana White pictured above, we can all "get along."
Teaming up with MMA sites like Low Kick, Fightline, Fight Opinion and The Fight Nerd, we'll provide an opportunity for all MMA fans to read some fresh and original voices in the sport.
This week, The Fight Nerd speaks with debuting Invicta fighter Jessica Penne, Fight Opinion discusses the latest circus in Nevada and Lowkick scores a photo gallery of an exclusive Don Drysdale jiu-jitsu session.
The full list of links is after the jump.
- Drysdale Jiu-Jitsu: Rolling with Frank Mir, Forrest Griffin and Dan Hardy (Photos) (LowKick)
LowKick.com photographer Scott Hirano traveled to Drysdale's Kingdom, which serves as a grappling home to some of the best fighters on the planet. Frank Mir, Dan Hardy and Forrest Griffin were all there, working on their submission skills at what appears to be one of the most star-studded gyms on the planet.
- Jessica Penne on Invicta, women's weight classes and pitbulls (The Fight Nerd)
On paper, top MMA prospect Jessica Penne is a slayer of women. But there is a palpable disconnect between the 2/3 finishing rate, nearly unblemished professional record and recent major upset victory against Rena Kubatashe she boasts inside the cage and the quirky, sensitive personality she wears outside of it.
- A predictable day for Keith Kizer, NSAC and Alistair Overeem (Fight Opinion)
Given today's circus, there was something poetic about Nevada clearing the way for Chael Sonnen to fight Anderson Silva in Las Vegas at UFC 148. Chael fights in Vegas for the Summer and Overeem fights in Vegas for NYE. Funny how that worked out.
- Fox Sports and Golden Boy Promotions have a new deal (MMA Payout)
Is boxing on its way back? Just a while back we talked about the problems with the sport and whether it could make a comeback. So far, we've seen NBC Sports Network with a quarterly show, the talk of Spike TV having boxing and now the Fox deal.
- Anderson Silva says Chael Sonnen doesn't know how to impress people (MMA Convert)
- Alistair Overeem's NSAC hearing video (Fightline)
- Jay Hieron had to pay back signing bonus to leave Bellator (Five Ounces of Pain)
"I asked for a rematch with Askren and they said no...to go back through the tournament. That just didn't make sense to me cause I thought I beat him already. I had to pay them back my signing bonus, but at this point in my career, I would rather do that than sit on the shelf."
- Junior dos Santos takes his talents to the water (5thRound)
Fight fans are fully aware of the devastation Junior dos Santos (Pictured) is capable of inside the Octagon, but the UFC heavyweight champion's skills certainly don't end there. In addition to his impeccable rendition of Adele's "Someone Like You," dos Santos shows he is also a quick learner when it comes to wakeboarding.