Welcome, Maniacs, to the twenty-third edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: Patrick L. Stumberg shares his side of the GSP vs Nick Diaz debate and he's definitely got a strong opinion on the matter:
You can skip all the press conferences you want, lose all the fights you want, and do all the drugs you want and still get a title shot as long as you're marketable!
Get injured and not be marketable, well, you're fucked.
Seriously, fuck this shit. I took solace in the fact that MMA, unlike boxing, has the champ fight the number-one contender and this utter horseshit happens.
Seriously, they're rewarding Nick for being a douchebag. Hendricks has beaten four top welterweights in a row, including Dana's least favorite fighter, and he gets fucked.
I don't care that GSP should win. Nick should not be getting a giant-ass payday for being a childish, petulant, disrespectful prick. He lies to his boss, throws a tantrum in the Octagon, and gets a title shot off a loss?
-Patrick L. Stumberg
- Article of the week: Brent Weedman talks his experience on Spike TV's Ink Masters show. I highly recommend you check this out if you haven't already.
- Statistic of the week: We've had all kinds of incredible showdowns this week with GSP wanting to fight Nick Diaz, Rory MacDonald and B.J. Penn getting into it at the pre-fight press conference and Nate Diaz staring down Ben Henderson, but the real match-up you guys are interested in is Randy Couture vs. Steven Seagal. That article had nearly twice the hits of anything else posted this week. Pretty wild.
- Fanpost of the Week: Shivan Tiger's Beermania is back, bitches! If you haven't read it yet, go check it out!
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Unambig's UFC on Fox 5 quick and ridiculously dirty post is back for it's weekly fanpost rec-a-thon. Definitely worth a read.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: JonBon Joey presents the other side of the GSP vs Nick Diaz debate and provides plenty of interesting counter arguments.
Diaz finished Daley at his own game
Beat the F outta penn, then lost a close controversial decision to Condit, argueablly the #2 WW in the world. Its one thing to be critical of Nick, its another thing to disregard his accomplishments.
His guard is the best GSP will have ever been in during a fight, Even tho I think GSP wins, diaz will give him problems much like Carlos did
- Interview of the Week: Check out our exclusive interview with unbeaten Russian and Bellator season seven welterweight winner Andrey Koreshkov.
But, that's not all, we also talked to Bellator 83 headliner Rad Martinez and co-headliner Jessica Eye.
- Video of the Week: I love me some Jade Bryce (Bellator ring girl) and love even more that she's a Playboy cyber girl:
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week:
Actual comment on Dana vlog vid: "it's funny how much of an oreo jones is, black on the outside and white on the inside." I hate people.
Sources tell me this was the convo. GSP: "I want to fight Diaz, who I can wrestlefuck, not Silva, who can murder me with one punch or kick."
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Geno Mrosko, Jesse Holland, Kevin Haggerty, Adam Guillen Jr. and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: You can't go wrong with Jessica Alba
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. In light of yesterday's big news, let's get your opinions:
Do women belong in the UFC? Please explain your answer.
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.