Disclaimer: I assumed the world was going to end, so I stayed up all night playing poker with buddies. Sorry this is late.
Welcome, Maniacs, to the twenty-fourth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: HERZ had a startling realization about what is guaranteed to go down in a Rousimar Palhares fight after news came out about his broken foot against Hector Lombard.
Haha if the man isn't mangling someone's else foot or leg in a fight, he's mangling his own. The palharis mentality. Somebody is leaving this goddamn fight with a limp
- Article of the week: 12 of the 16 fighters from TUF 16 were released from the UFC. THANK GOD
- Statistic of the week: From the looks of it, TUF 17 is going to return with a bang, because our most popular MMA article of the week is Dana White saying the entire TUF house is "terrified" of one fighter on the show who keeps sending dudes to the hospital. Perhaps the show can be salvaged?
- Fanpost of the Week: It may not be the funniest post of the week, but I thought I'd do my part and spread some awareness about the Recruitment post for MMAmania money pool season 9. Go check it out!
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: It's not a fanpost of the week without something from unambig. Here's his TUF scrub weekend report card. Go check it out.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: You knew that something awful and/or funny would be showing up in the thread about the Down's Syndrome fighter wanting a contract in the UFC. LAF delivered.
Isn't Nate Diaz already under contract with the UFC??
- Interview of the Week: Check out our exclusive interview with new Bellator Heavyweight Champion Alexander Volkov.
But that's not all, we've also got exclusives with Dream 18 fighter Antonio McKee, Joe Palooka reviver Joe Antonacci and Sports Lab head coach Phil Claud dishing some dirt on Team Quest. .
- Video of the Week: I would break into this chick's house any day.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: Do you think he'll keep his promise about the Bears?
Nelson was an awful coach all season and one of the fighters on his team won. Everything about TUF is dumb and pointless and bad.
Colton Smith is the Ultimate Fighter. And not a single soul on Earth wants to watch him fight ever again. Congratulations!!
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Geno Mrosko, Jesse Holland, Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr. and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: I could watch this all day
Dumbest Comment of the Week: At this point, I'm only posting DCOTW if someone gets nominated, this one got nominated by multiple people so it must go up. Sorry Death Kick Subjection, but I think Jonathan Goulet disagrees with your premise:
But if his standup was any better his jaw wouldn't need to get slammed
the good chin bad chin is a myth. Just say his stand up isn't as good same shit
-Death Kick Subjection
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Let's change it up:
If the world were actually going to end, how would you spend your final 24 hours?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.