But I thought Zuffa boss Lorenzo Fertitta likes guys who "WAR"?
The release comes on the heels of a unanimous decision loss to Chris Camozzi at UFC 153: "Silva vs. Bonnar" this past Oct. 13, 2012, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, an uninspired performance to say the least. Considering that was his follow up to a technical knockout loss at the hands of Stanislov Nedkov at UFC 134 more than one year prior, that was enough for the UFC to cut ties with him.
Well, that combined with his infrequent schedule -- he's fought roughly once a year the past four years -- and terrible record in his last five bouts (1-4).
The good news, according to Davis, is that they were told if Cane can put together a few solid victories outside the UFC, he could be right back in the fold in no time.
Anyone sad at this news?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage